Respect diversity. Transform learning.
Diversity & Inclusion , Education
Every child is different but education Hong Kong often takes a 1-size-fits-all approach. It works brilliantly for some children but serves others less well.
We are trying to solve the stress and lack of choice that is endemic in Hong Kong's education system.
If we are successful - we will have happy and fulfilling education for all in Hong Kong!
We are achieving this vision by encouraging change in parents' and teachers' mindsets towards respecting children's individual needs. We showcase possibilities and enable choices in education.
Our journey so far
In 2014 we kicked off with the "We Need Choices" conference. We thought these concepts would certainly appeal to homeschooling parents. However, we were pleasantly surprised when our messages resonated with a broader mix of educators and parents in Hong Kong.
Over the next years, we hosted the "We Need A Break" conference, and published 4 books.
From 2016 to the present we have been leading the Jockey Club "Learning by Doing" Academy, and from 2018 "Parenting for a Peaceful World" programmes.
Our biggest achievement
We are probably the first parent-initiated organisation to have started a learning by doing culture in local primary schools that puts children's diversity and needs on top of the agenda.
Why you should donate your skills to us
There are so many reasons why you should contribute to us, but here are a few:
1) we respect creativity and collaboration.
2) our work is about an in depth mindset shift, one that is fundamental to safeguard our diverse and democratic society.
3) you can help HK children and families to be happier.
3) we are lovely and happy people to work with! That's important
4) you may be able to join our training programme, which is highly reflective. You could learn to know yourself much better.
5) You may also be able to support some of our school programmes, if that interests you!
Our Recent Projects
Over the years EDiversity has put a lot of thought into bringing best practice for child centered learning both in...
25 Jun 2020
We are seeking a marketer to help us with SEO. The project includes:
1) A 1 hour briefing with EDiversity, to...
24 Jun 2020